Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still working on that picture thing....

Thank you Bedford, NY, Audubon Society
But I'll show you a pic from El Google of a Rose Breasted Grosbeak because one has been visiting our feeders lately.

Hello again. Yesterday was kinda cool. I got to see the inner workings of the dam. (Sorry, won't post pics of that. Don't need Homeland Security coming after me.) What a surprise it was too. I'd always seen those towers at various lakes but I had no idea what they were there for. Now I do. I also got a tour of the ODNR State Park side. I feel like we drove forever just to get to where we wanted to go. It's a beautiful park and I have to confess I'm a little jealous of their prairie grasslands on that side. Ours are a little messy but I guess we're hoping to do a burn this fall.

I made a short list of things I'd like to work on program and display wise. Today I got to take a good look around at what's in what cabinet and what supplies are there. I'm thinking they've not had too many females working there before. LOL I want to yank everything out of the cabinets and reorganize. Honestly, though, at the moment I'm having a hard time figuring out what supplies we have and don't have. That's kinda crucial when you're figuring out possible programming. I also don't have a lot of storage to work with here. That will be a significant influence on what I do or don't do.

Also, last night, we had a mom cat and 3 kittens dumped. We were going to take them to the humane society but, being spring, I know they don't have room and there is a high likelihood that they'll be euthanized. (The no-kill shelters are not accepting more cats either.) Mom is sooo sweet and her 3 boys are soooo adorable. Soooo, I'm guessing you've figured out that they're coming home with me. Yep. Tonight I stopped at the store and got a litter box, litter, kitten food (mom's gonna be eating that too for a while, she skinny and nursing), bowls, and a few toys. Oh, and a carrier. My goal is to take them in to be tested for diseases, basic health, and worms, I'm going to take photos and post them. I spoke with a woman who works at a local restaurant who says she's had people asking for cats and kittens. I'll admit, I'm tempted to keep Mom. She's all lovey dovey and chirpy. There's also one kitten who has a soul patch. It makes me laugh. He's the biggest boy of the bunch. His brother's are gonna be eating separately so they can catch up.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna like it here. Everyone is cool so far and, once I have full access and training on things, I'll be able to bust a move on the education thing. And soon, I'll have time to go fishing too.

To bed, to bed. It may only be 8 but I promised myself a few night's of early to bed, slightly later to rise. I've been very tired after finals week and graduation mayhem. I'm beginning to feel better though. I'll return to a regular sleep schedule soon.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. these postings sound like a great beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you not only have to think about your future home you're looking for kitty homes too! Sweet

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep. **beeeep**