Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How may I serve you?

I apologize in advance about the shortness of this entry. I wanted to be in bed an hour ago. We lost power for some unknown reason and I had a ton of stuff to do online. Just got it back around 9.

Today was my first "real" day I guess. I was at my "real" park. The 1 hour drive seemed like a breeze compared to the 1.5 hours yesterday. Still got up at 4:30 even. Today I did the training I needed to do to drive the trucks. I got a tour of our side of the park and got a good look at our territory. I'll get a tour of the dam in a few days as well as the other side of the lake. I'm seeing the kind of things I need to look for when I'm out on patrol: trash, safety issues, clean restrooms. I ordered my uniform stuff. I won't feel official till I have my badge. I hope as a seasonal temp, I get one. ;)

I've decided that I'm a terribly weird person because I'm lamenting that they're going to be rid of the vault toilets and replace them with a flushing facility. After growing up in parks and camps and rest stops that did not have flush toilets, the ones that do don't quite feel like real parks to me somehow.

I'm starting a list of ideas for programs and displays. Let's hope I can bust a few of them out before my term is up. I'm picking my boss's brain on the reservoir and the area. I'll need to pick other's brains too.

That's it for now. It's bed time. Oh, I wasn't able to upload pics due to the power outage foiling my attempt at installing my new camera's software. I'll get a few snap shots up soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Madame Parkranger of Awesomeness...

    Have fun at work! Enjoy yourself! This is the first and sweetest of fruits from your college life.

    also... be on the look out for seeds... not for anyone in particular, and not that i would ever ask for such a thing, but if a seed pod happened to be laying in the middle of the treaded path....

    ~LMac

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep. **beeeep**