It's been a few days. Things are a little crazy right now. I'm moving in 3 days. I'm busy packing and taking small loads to my new place. I'm also still trying to place the family of cats I'm fostering. It's just a bad time of year for this. There's cats and kittens everywhere. I'm a little overwhelmed.
This past week has been good so far. I've found several more monarch caterpillars and eggs. Today, I let a young girl hold a caterpillar. She'd never held one before. She was beaming. :)
I got to go out on the boat for patrol with my boss. We were doing PFD checks. He also showed me all the "spots" around the lake like where the road used to be and the fens and the osprey platform. I felt a little bad, not only was I tired but a part of me still associates being on a boat with fishing with dad. He would take me trolling for muskie and I'd set up my pole and kick back and take a nap while Dad drove. LOL Just recently here I've been not getting to bed on time and the kittens have been eating eachother throught the night and we had Comfest this past weekend which entailed visitors at odd, late hours. (Not my visitors, BTW. I didn't go to Comfest.) Anyway, I was trying desperately to hide my dozing off and working very hard to keep myself awake by peppering Manager C with questions. At some point, I'll have to learn to pull a trailer. Oy!
I am getting things together for Jr. Rangers. I have an order out for 60 TP tubes and cardboard. I'm hoping that folks will remember. I really need those TP tubes. Ooh, I just thought of something I can use instead of cardboard. I tried to dig up a mulberry tree (it was small) for the program but I waaaaay misjudged the size of the root ball. I was totally thinking in burlaped tree size. Well, I did grow up in the city. Eh, that's no excuse, I should have known. Now I have a dead mulberry. Whatta waste. :-/
Tomorrow, I'm blessed with a sleep-in. I don't have to get up till 6:30! 2 more hours! Woo! Due to my current proximity to ODNR, I get to go over and get some geology kits (half of which I get to keep) plus I'm going to see if I can get some of their neat ID guides. I hope to get some Owl call and frog call CD's.
Anyway, I'm off to bed. It's after 9 and I'm beat. Let's hope the kitties don't wrestle night.
You know you want one. Look how cute this guy is....his brother's are just as adorable too.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a message after the beep. **beeeep**