It's not you.....it's me. ;)
Sorry, Readers. Soooo, what can I catch you up on? Our A/C is fixed. Thank goodness because we were all getting cranky. Jr. Rangers is over. It went "ok." Not as smashing of a success as I thought it would be. Part of it was that a certain co-worker didn't follow through with what he was supposed to do. Part was that this thing should have been announced as soon as I started in June instead of a week in advance. We also accidentally conflicted with the Clark County fair (did you know Clark County is the birthplace of 4H?) and there were a lot of folks who couldn't make it becuase of that. I'm currently combatting part of the problem for next year by getting the Jr. Ranger program designed and adding an "advanced" Jr. Ranger component. It shouldn't take too long to get this sorted.
Anyway, we had about 10 kids and we had a ball. The kids loved the emergency spillway area and kept asking to go back. They loooooved creeking. We found a cranefly larvae wich we all ooh'd and ahh'd over. I introduced them to "Duck, Duck, Water." It's like Duck-Duck-Goose but instead of saying Goose you dump water on the persons head. I allowed myself the be the sacrificial ranger in the first round and, sure enough, I got a pitcher of water on my head. I bowed out after that and made sure that the kids all got a turn to dump water and get water dumped on. They seemed to really like the crafts I set up for them too.
Since then, my challenge has been to figure out where to store the few things that I made for the programs. Our visitor center doesn't have a ton of storage space unfortunately. We're hoping to correct that soon as an addition is being planned.
I've been working on some new trail signs for our Stone's Throw Trail. I have 3 printed and passed on for feedback and I have one floating in my head. I just need some info from Ranger B about the buttefly garden to make that one.
Okay, I need to scoot. There are some treed needing trimming. Cheers!
Amy
P.S. The Rennaisance Faire down in Waynesville is going on. If you've not been there, go check it out. It's a blast. I highly recommend the Mud Show.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a message after the beep. **beeeep**