I'll get something a little more up to date on here soon. This was typed 7.5.09. WIFI provided by BW3's. Woo!
----------------------------------------
It’s been several days. I’m currently without regular internet so updates will be a little slow until I can find a WI FI spot. I am moved into my new place. It’s very lovely and my landlord and his wife are very nice. I’m currently working out the logistics of a “Kitchen” since I don’t really have one per say. I have a little area where I have set up a table and chairs to sit at (next to the window) and another little table where I have some food items and a crock pot and toaster oven. I can make it work. I spent 6 months living out of hotel rooms with a hot plate for another job so I can manage this. (Now if I can just find that hot plate….) All I really lacking at the moment is a small fridge and some shelving I can use as a pantry.
I have most of my uniform now. Just waterproofed my new boots and have set up an exchange for a few things that are too big or too small. I have a name pin now so everyone knows that I’m a for real ranger and not some person who managed to raid the federal clothes closet. No badge for me though, I have to go through academy and get commissioned. (However, I put on a Jr. Ranger badge sticker the other day for fun. Ended up giving it to a young boy who was throwing away trash like a good citizen. He was so proud.) Tomorrow I go and get a card that we’ve all been waiting anxiously for me to get so I can really start on some projects.
Soooo, what else has been going on? The night I moved in happened to be the fireworks night here so I went all the way to the front porch and watched them. How cool is that?? I have not had luck with getting the cats I was fostering a home. That makes me really sad. Went on boat patrol with Ranger B and did life jacket checks and got the dirt on what fish are biting and where. Oh, it was also story time with Ranger B as he’s a chatterbox and he’s been everywhere it seems with the Audubon to see various rare birds. I’ve found quite a few monarch caterpillars and 3 of those are in chrysalis right now. Ranger B brought in quite a few Cecropia moth caterpillars. They look like little ¼ inch black pipe cleaners crawling around. I’ve made dice for The Incredible Journey (a Project Wet game) and am very glad they’re finally done. I’m collecting a few other things for Jr. Ranger including tree cookies and TP tubes. As soon as I can get away, I’m gong to go explore some of the places I want to take the kids for the program to be sure that they’ll work.
On my next day off, I’m heading back to Columbus to pick up a few other things that I forgot and am seeing I need for this or that. I also need to bite the bullet and finish unpacking. If I really start looking through stuff, I bet I could find a place for it. That’s what’s making me go slow with it. I’m trying to simplify and be as organized as possible. It’s been nice and cool out so I have had the windows wide open for the air. This was the coolest July 4th that I can remember.
Okay, it’s time to hunt down dinner and the hardware store. And a WI FI spot. Peace out!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a message after the beep. **beeeep**